Whether you’re thinking about joining our team, or if you’re part of our community, you may have noticed that we are undergoing a brand change.
The shift started in October, 2020 in Southern California and is now rolling out across the seven states we serve over the next year. The brand change unifies our family of organizations under one easily identifiable brand that everyone – from patients and families to caregivers (employees) and volunteers – recognizes and trusts. Read on to learn how our new brand reflects where we’ve been and where we’re going, always pioneering to make health care better.
The Providence family includes:
- Providence across five western states (including former Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health ministries)
- Covenant Health in West Texas
- Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles, CA
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Orange County, CA
- Kadlec in Southeast Washington
- Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle, WA
- Swedish Health Services in Seattle, WA
Why we are unifying our brand
A unified brand:
- Makes it easier for our patients, community partners and future caregivers to recognize the our comprehensive and diverse network.
- Unites the excellent clinical work happening across the seven states we operate in, helping to enhance and tell our story consistently.
- Creates a strong, cohesive voice to advocate and care for those who are poor and vulnerable, both nationally and in our local communities .
- Provides caregivers the support and resources they need to soar in their careers, backed by the strength of a 120,000-caregiver system.
What drives the Providence brand
The Providence brand is driven by world-class health with human connection. We bring breakthrough research, the most advanced treatments, precision medicine, determination, compassion and grit to every life we touch and moment that matters in order to deliver the best outcomes.
Our name and new brand mark
The Mission our foundresses entrusted to our care is reflected in our name and cross, which are deeply rooted in meaning and purpose.
Our stylized cross has four equal arms, reaching out in all directions, bringing people of many backgrounds into a common ministry of service. In various spiritual traditions, the word Providence is defined as the protective care of God. Our cross and the word Providence conveys how all will be received in our care, and our commitment to making the world a more just, loving and peaceful place for all.
The new brand pattern – The Sisters of St. Joseph and the story of the lace
The lace pattern incorporated into our new brand look and feel reflects our heritage of serving all. In 1650 in Le Puy, France, a small group of women made a bold and humble decision to go out into the neighborhoods and serve the poor and vulnerable with love and compassion.
They worked charitably, helping women develop skills that restored their dignity, and provided care for the sick, orphaned, widowed and the destitute who lived on the fringes of poverty.
To support their work, the Sisters made lace, and taught the fine art to women who had limited skills. The lace was prized across Europe as decorative trim for clothing, linen and furniture.
As part of our unified brand look and feel the lacemaking continues, formed by our deep dedication to serving the neighbor without distinction.
Our Promise: Know me, care for me, ease my way
At Providence, we recognize the inherent value in every person as a unique member of humanity. Engaging on a human level allows us to be present in the moment and connect with others more intimately. When we truly seek to know and understand, we enrich the experience of all we serve, including our caregivers.
Our unified brand brings the Providence promise to life – the promise of personal connections, mindful moments, pioneering spirit and adaptability to deliver world-class health with human connection.
As we continue strengthening our presence and improving the wellbeing of our communities, there’s never been a better time to join our team. If you’re called by our Mission to serve all, view our job openings and apply today.