Providence caregiver benefits protect your health, support your well-being and help you plan for the future
January 29, 2021
Care starts with our caregivers – which is what we call everyone work works at Providence, regardless of role. We value all who give their time and energy to work with us, whether they’re a doctor or nurse, phlebotomist, environmental services worker or lab technician. Your benefits begin on your date of hire, to ensure support for you and your family.
Providence benefits are designed to safeguard you and your family’s health, create and maintain a sense of well-being and help you plan for a bright future.
If you’re interested in joining our team, view our open positions.
Protecting your health
An intangible yet critical benefit of working with us is a safe workplace. Particularly during times of uncertainty like we’ve experienced over the past year, caregivers want to feel confident coming to work every day. We have advanced protocols in place to ensure all workers, from those who clean patient rooms to those who are at the bedside, feel safe in our care environments.
Providence offers best-in-class benefits that start on your date of hire. You have the option to enroll in medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, disability and flexible spending accounts. We also offer access to voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, legal insurance, home and auto insurance, identity and credit protection, accident and critical illness insurance, commuter benefits and voluntary short-term disability benefits.
Supporting your well-being
Supporting our caregiver community to discover, choose and achieve their best health in all aspects of daily life – mind, body, spirit and financial. Self-care is more important now than ever. Choose Well, your caregiver well-being benefit, provides you with fun, easy tools to support all aspects of your health and wellness.
We offer several well-being benefits:
- Choose Well, our well-being platform that supports daily engagement, social connections and well-being resources.
- Caregiver Assistance Program, our go-to for mental health, including a free behavioral health concierge service to assist you in finding a licensed mental health professional.
- Back-up Child and Elder Care, a reliable back up plan to ensure that unplanned or planned care disruptions on the home front don’t lead to disruptions in the workplace.
- Nicotine-Free, a nicotine cessation support program.
- Weight Management, digital programs to manage weight and the risk of developing diabetes and heart disease.
- Tuition Reimbursement, financial assistance to help developing your skills and achieving your career goals.
- PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for rest, relaxation and recharge.
Planning for your future
Today, you may be a traveler nurse deciding whether to go full time; tomorrow you could be manager – the sky’s the limit. We offer many career development opportunities and resources, as well as tuition reimbursement to support your education and deeply discounted tuition through the University of Providence.
We provide a retirement program secure enough to grow a healthy benefit for you, flexible enough to let you invest your savings where you want and simple to understand. If you contribute to our 401(k) plan, we offer employer matching contributions of 50% of the first 3% you save, which are always fully vested. In addition, we provide an annual employer discretionary contribution of 3% of your eligible pay. Both the match and discretionary contribution levels increase over time with additional years of service – to a maximum of 50% of 6% and 6%, respectively!
The 401(k) Plan has a diverse fund line-up that includes institutional funds as well as collective investment trusts (CITs)
You will gain access to a complimentary retirement planner and interactive tools that can help you with a range of financial wellness needs, including:
- Managing your saving and spending
- Planning for retirement
- Creating an investment strategy
- Managing student debt and saving for college
- Claiming Social Security
At Providence, world-class benefits are central to delivering world-class health. If you’re interested in joining our team, view all jobs.
Please note: Benefits offered may differ by location. Caregivers covered under a collective bargaining agreement receive benefits in accordance with the terms of their contract. Plan provisions may differ for represented caregivers.