Skilled surgical techs are a critical component in delivering world-class surgical care to our communities. We’re hiring exceptional surgical technologists and technicians throughout our regions to join our tight-knit team. Thinking of applying? Here are five reasons caregivers love working in surgical services at Providence.
1. Unrivaled support system: In short, our surgical team members have each other’s backs. Says Surgical Tech Kinsey, “The best part of coming to work for me is my co-workers. The comradery is second to none. And I cannot speak highly enough about my manager. She is such a supporter. She is always there for any of us. She’s our number one fan.”
2. Flexible professional development opportunities: We believe that all caregivers should have accessible and plentiful opportunities to grow in their career. That’s why things like tuition reimbursement are baked into our employment contracts from day one and we work to empower our surgical techs to advance in their roles.
Certified Surgical Tech Amber switched careers from education to healthcare and found that Providence supported her in that journey in many ways. “Providence hired me as a part-time health unit coordinator, which allowed me to go to surgical tech school at the same time. During my academic portion of the program, I worked two 12s, and then the other five days a week I did school full time from home. Once I went into clinicals, I worked those 40 hours a week, and then I worked one 12 here at Providence during that time. I felt a little crazy, but I did it! My manager was tremendous at going around my school times. Then I moved into the tech role once I became certified.”
3. A reputation of excellence and compassion: Providence is known for providing excellent care to our communities. Kinsey says she had interest from Providence and another hospital system coming out of school—but she didn’t even consider the other system. “Providence was my first choice. I love the extra mile that Providence goes in caring for their patients. It’s their promise and it shows in their work.”
4. Cutting-edge tools and technologies: We invest in state-of-the-art technologies and modern surgical equipment to help ensure the best possible outcomes for patients—and the best possible experience for caregivers. Providence surgical techs also get unparalleled support working with experienced team members including surgeons, registered nurses, anesthesiologists and other medical support personnel.
5. A Mission that guides us: The Providence Mission to serve all, especially the poor and vulnerable, shines through every day in the halls of our facilities. Says Amber, “I love that we have a morning prayer that comes on overhead every day. I love that when I walk through the hospital, everybody’s always friendly; they hold doors open for you, say good morning, ease your way. Providence is Mission driven, and they show that out to the public. I’m proud to tell people that I work here.”
Kinsey agrees. “I love Providence, I love the organization. I wake up and I’m excited to go to work. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.”
Work with us in Oregon
We’re currently hiring surgical techs throughout Oregon. Anchored by our Magnet medical centers, Providence Portland Medical Center and Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, we have nearly 150 hospitals, clinics and extended care facilities spanning the state, from rugged coastline beach towns to neighborhoods surrounded by rolling countryside to eclectic cities in the shadow of majestic Mt. Hood.
Join us in:
Or view our job openings systemwide.