June 22, 2021
Under the umbrella of Home and Community Care (HCC), Providence offers assisted living, home health, hospice care, infusion pharmacy, PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly), palliative care, private-duty nursing and skilled nursing.
Here are five reasons caregivers find working at Providence Home and Community Care rewarding.
- We’re “stand in” family for patients. Whether in skilled nursing facilities, patients’ homes or supportive nursing facilities, we’re interacting with patients in their primary place of residence—and often on a longer-term basis. This affords us the ability to create true and lasting bonds with patients and their families. These meaningful connections are apparent in the love and appreciation HCC caregivers receive from patients on a regular basis. Especially in a time when visits from relatives and friends are difficult, we’re there for those who don’t have anyone, making an unimaginable impact to those we serve. When patients and families are confused or losing hope, we give them the clarity and reassurance they need and deserve.
- We’re the largest nonprofit HCC organization in the U.S. Our HCC programs serve more than 38,000 people of all ages in their homes or in a variety of facility settings every day, and we continue growing to meet the increased demand for our services in every community we serve.
- We are elder advocates. Our primary concern is the elders in our care and helping them get through everything from life-limiting illness to maintaining independence to approaching end-of-life with dignity. We offer 16 supportive housing programs for the elderly and those with disabilities, which combine safe and affordable housing with comprehensive support services for people with low incomes. We champion advance directives to help hospice patients ensure that their needs and wishes are met and have an Institute of Human Caring dedicated to capturing the stories of both patients and caregivers for posterity, knowing that the eldest among us are one of our most precious gifts.
- Providence HCC is an inclusive place to work. All are welcome here. We’re committed to a policy of antidiscrimination, and do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or based on any other classification protected under applicable local, state or federal laws. We’re committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity.
- Teams and managers help you in your career. Working here also means being supported. We listen to caregivers’ goals and partner on their journey to achieving them, providing professional growth opportunities, best-in-class benefits and work/life balance. Our impressive caregiver retention and engagement rates are a reflection of our number one strategic priority to invest in caregivers and become the best place to work in health care.
Hear from our caregivers about why they love working in home health:
Providence Home and Community Care is committed to helping patients get the most out of life. Together, we deliver world-class health with human connection, walking alongside each person, empowering them in body, mind and spirit. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be as part of, check out our RN, CNA, LPN, physical therapist, social worker and many other roles.